IMPACT51 is a business angel partnership of friends & family senior executives and entrepreneurs. We
invest with passion, personal cash and expertise in early-phase startups. And we actively engage
with our start-ups to help them scale and grow their business. Investments are done by syndication
only. Impact51 is present in DACH, US, Czech Republic, and Austria.
Our unique approach combines:
early stage funding
We are focused on early stage funding. We also offer you access to our associated investor network.
hands-on operational support
We offer you our extensive knowledge and around expertise in specific operational and commercial areas helping to grow your business.
We can provide you access to our extended network of industry and business partners.
We are eager to share and induce our entrepreneurial and management experience in multinational
corporates with B2B early-phase startups to assist and mentor their next phase of sustainable growth
- Invest and support early-phase technology-/digital-driven start-ups with scalable business potential, primarily in B2B segments
- Strive to work with strong, creative entrepreneurs with enthusiastic, focused, active and effective teams
- Prefer to work with start-ups where we can engage on a personal level to actively support the business’ growth. We engage selectively with 3-5 investments per year
- Act as an investment syndicate by engaging our extended network
- We have personal skin in the game– we always invest own cash
- We have decades of global business execution track record in multi-billion € digital technology and consulting companies and venture capital companies
- We are an international network
- We are deeply engaged in the eco-system: as advisors, coaches, mentors and competition jury-members
- We work actively and hands-on with and for the startup: as board members, advisors and coaches for strategy, business tuning, go-to-market, sales acceleration and on selected tech services
- We maintain a network of business partners who can provide ad hoc resources for digital marketing, operational management, software development and next stage financing
Over the last 4 years, we have grown to
WHO WE ARE
IMPACT51 partners are former executives with expertise and skills as entrepreneurs, corporate executives, consultants, investors, board members, and venture capitalists. We have a deep understanding of both technology and business, and most importantly, are willing to leverage our knowledge for your success. Our team is an international and diverse group with very substantial business development and execution experience across Europe and the US and is able to leverage a broad business network.
Dr. Thomas Billeter
- 10 years in technology innovation as co-founder, manager and business angel in technology startups in media and software space.
- 6 years of experience as management consultant in top global strategy consulting firm.
- 6 years as line manager in large international telecommunications technology company.
- Expert in business building, product and market development and partnering.
- Engeneering and business administration background.
- Over 20 years as senior executive and business manager with proven track record and delivering results.
- Over 15 years as active board member (public and private), business coach and advisor to VC's and as investor.
- Dual citizenship (US/CH) with international working experience in multicultural environment.
- Strong entrepreneurial and execution skills with an outstanding track record in team building and people management.
Dr. Markus Feidicker
- 15 years in executive positions in leading international IT companies with P&L responsibility.
- More than 8 years of experience as management consultatnt in top global strategy consulting firm and as independent consultant with focus and IT and Telco.
- Expert in IT outsourcing, systems integration, solution sales and business development, large contract negotiation, and M&A/post-merger integration.
- PHD in business administration/accounting.
Dr. Ljiljana Mitic
- More than 20 years experience in Financial Services and IT-Services.
- Senior management track record in international companies.
- Strong international management & leadership experience.
- Profound banking skills combined with strong IT skills (strong experience in IT operation, transformation, strategy and governance).
- Portfolio manager (Investment & Corporate Banking) and active non-executive board member.
- Strategic advisor and business angel.
- More than 30 years senior management track record in leading global IT companies delivering profitable growth and customer satisfaction.
- Solid track record in consultative selling, systems integration, outsourcing, cloud computing, business analytics and partnerships.
- Industry focus on public sector, defense, life science, healthcare and transport.
- Business angel, coach and investor with focus on big data analytics, IoT, 3D-printing, healthcare.
- Advising portfolio of SMEs on strategic development, agile, LEAN, key account sales and digital transformation.
- Alumni TU Berlin (Dipl. -Ing. Electrical Engineering/Computer Science).
Dr. Rudolf Spruengli
- PhD from University of St. Gallen, CH.
- Visiting Scholar at University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- Career in international marketing at Lindt & Sprüngli AG.
- CEO and Board Delegate of an international specialty food trading conglomerate.
- Senior Advisor for Bain & Company, an international strategy consulting firm.
- Dr. Rudolf K. Sprüngli Strategy Consulting (RKSSC), active in: Premium & Specialty Food, Financial Services, Media, Biotechnology, Ecology & Recycling, Nuclear, Alternative Energy, Healthcare & Wellness, IT, Real Estate, Education, Fashion, Textiles, Travel Food Service, Business, Science & Technology Promotion.
Our group has invested in numerous start-ups. We use a proven start-up assessment methodology combining a view of market potential and execution capabilities. We invest early stage and target 3-5 investments per year. Our goal is to build, grow, and transform sustainable businesses. We work closely with you to set the course for a successful development of your business.
Invested | Exited
BitsaboutMe is a new service that empowers consumers to reclaim control over their personal data, in order to better protect privacy and to get a fair deal when sharing their personal data profile with interested companies. Its vision is to build and operate Europe's largest user centric data market.
Creditgate24 is Switzerland's leading peer lending platform serving both private SME credit market.
DearEmployee is the platform for mental health in the workplace. The Corporate Health Start-Up helps employers design healthy workplaces to reduce mental illness and increase employee productivity.
Our is to build a platform to interact with a digital copy of the world. With a proprietary camera technology mounted on drones, Nomoko produces high resolution 3D models of urban areas. Main customers are the self-driving car industry, the construction and the gaming industries.
We offer a could service for automated app creation. Based on Excel/Google Sheets or any database you can create interactive tools, dashboards, reports or list apps - using the existing logic(calculations/formulas) of your data. All apps are instantly available for sharing.
Zattoo is a provider of streamed TV services active in Switzerland and Germany. It serves several millions customers both as a retail brand and as a provider of white label TV services for Telcos, ISPs, and Publishers
Bexio is, with in excess of 10'000 customers, Switzerland's largest provider of cloud based accounting and enterprise management solutions for SMEs.
BRD us a venture-blocked company with customers in over 150 countries. We believe in the value of financial freedom and independence, and want to empower people across the globe by leveraging the possibilities bitcoin provides.
OANDA is a leader in currency data, offering forex & CFD trading, corporate fx payments and exchange rates services for wide range of organizations and investors.
At Impact51 we excel by recognizing patterns of weakness and “gaps” and developing and implementing solid strategies to strengthen your business model. We believe in this approach to make investments successful.